Tuesday, October 28, 2008

2008 Midbust Update

For all of you who we haven't kept in touch with as much as we should have, I decided to give you the rundown of our lives this year so far.

2008 has been a year of exciting changes for our family. Our precious Addilyn decided to join us 3 1/2 weeks early on Feb. 6, 2008. She was only 4lbs 10 oz and 18 in. long, but oh sooo adorable. At my 36 wk appointment the OB discovered that our baby girl had stopped growing and ordered an ultrasound for the next morning. Nervously, George and I walked into the Dr.'s office not knowing what to expect. The ultrasound showed she looked healthy, but only the size of a 32 wk baby. She was so cute, posing for the camera. They also informed us that the ultrasound showed she was missing her right kidney. The next Monday I went back in for more testing, this time a stress test for Addy. The doctor wasn't satisfied with the results and sent me to the hospital for more extensive testing, only to be sent home and told we would do it all over again at my next scheduled appointment. The next morning being exhausted from the last weekend and feeling sick to my stomach I called in to work. I think the Lord was inspiring me at that moment because two hours later my water broke and if I was ready or not, Addilyn was ready to enter this world.

I don't want to get into the whole labor thing, I'll just say it wasn't the experience I thought I would have, but one look at our tiny precious Addilyn and our whole world changed. She spent 2 1/2 weeks in the NICU and has been spreading joy into our lives ever since. As for her kidney issue, she did have a right kidney it just wasn't properly formed and only functioned 16%. It consisted of two large cysts and two ureters to the bladder instead of one. She is healthy, but is on antibiotics until she is big enough for them to remove part or her entire kidney and fix the ureter problem.



Thanks to all the many prayers and fasting of our families and my parents who were there throughout the entire process, Heavenly Father blessed us with a special sweet spirit.



Addilyn is now 8 1/2 months and keeping her mother busy. She has reached many milestones including crawling, standing on her own, and attempting to walk. Her favorite thing to do to scare her mom is to climb up the entertainment center and just let go expecting us to be there to catch her.



Being a mom is so wonderful, not always easy at times, but truly a blessing full of joy and happiness.

1 comment:

Craig and Cynthia said...

So glad you have joined to blogging world. I am adding your address to my list of friends on my blog. Just incase you didn't get it my blog address is http://craigandcynthiasfamilyblog.blogspot.com