Monday, November 17, 2008

Mommy's Helper

These past few weeks it seems like I can't get anything done and that includes updating our blog. The piles of laundry lining the hall and the dishes and bottles constantly filling the sink never seem to end. I get one load done and another one is always waiting. Oh and lets not forget, I have a little helper that follows me everywhere and I mean literally everywhere. She's always just one step, I mean "crawl" behind me. Here's just a few of the places she goes and the chores she likes to help with around the house.

Addi trying to get into the cupboards. Today was the first day she actually pulled the bowls out and dropped them on the floor.

Addi loves the kitchen and gets excited when Mommy lets her help with the dishes. (which is not very often) She actually can pull them out. It scares me every time she grabs for something, especially the dangerous silverware.

She also likes to help with laundry. Crawling as fast as she can to the dryer.

Addilyn kept pulling herself up on my legs so I put her in the laundry basket while I loaded the washer. She thought it was fun!

Another one of Addi's favorite places. Like I said, she goes everywhere and she can't resist the toilet especially when it flushes. She tries to escape here when no one is watching.

Addilyn does this everyday usually more than once, okay usually several times. It scares me every time. She expects us to be behind her to catch her and most of the time she just lets go. A couple of days ago, she finally figured out how to step back down. Whew! I don't have to run to catch her every few seconds.

Right before she lets go she always turns back to give you a grin to say, "You better be ready Mom 'cause I'm going to let go!"


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Isn't it funny how when they want to help with the chores we won't let them and then pretty soon we will want them to do the chores and they won't. Ahh, the story of our lives.