Monday, July 12, 2010

Spring and Summer Project

Here is Addilyn having some fun with one of her favorite outdoor toys back in April.

She tried to escape and she wasn't too happy I made her come back. The look she gave me was classic, I had to post it.

Here are some pics of my now summer project. At the beginning of May we decided to take out a part of our lawn and put in a garden. Our neighbor wanted our sod so he came and rota-tilled it in exchange for the grass. It worked out great except we dug up some of our sprinkler system during the process. I spent most of the next day planting and Addi was my big helper. Not ever having my own garden before all I wanted was for something to come up.

Addi planting corn seed.

It's now July and this is what has grown so far. I am so excited to see green growth coming from that big square of dirt. I can't wait for late summer and fall when we get to harvest all of our hard work. One of the things I enjoy about living in our small rural town.

1 comment:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Brogan escaped out of my mom's fence that way a few months back. I found him in the neighbor's driveway and I was lecturing him as I walked him back to my mom's and he said "But mom, a cat!" Apperantly he thinks its ok to wonder off as long as he's following a cat. lol. I love your garden! Its doing great.