Monday, May 11, 2009

5 years and still going strong.....

What a weekend! On Friday, May 1st George and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We had the entire weekend planned. Friday after George got off work we planned to go down to my parents and they volunteered to watch Addi while we went to dinner by OURSELVES. Then on Saturday my family was going to head down to Salt Lake for my Dad's race and then drive all they way home on Sunday.

But I am here to tell everyone that at times when you least expect it or don't want it to, life throws you a curve ball and all you can do is go with it. On Friday as we were doing the last of our packing, George and I went out to our storage unit to get a duffel bag and what we found was 20 of our boxes and George's golf clubs missing. To make this story short, our storage had been robbed and our leaving time was delayed by a couple of hours and we felt a lot of stress and anxitey. I had never felt so violated before. There were things taken that were irreplaceable.

This meant dinner was delayed and lets just say I wasn't in the best of moods, but George was very understanding and that is why I love him so much. He is a wonderful husband and father.

Saturday morning, after having everything packed from the suitcases, to the cooler, and the race truck loaded, we received a phone call just before leaving that the race had been canceled due to the weather. On one hand we were glad we didn't have to make the long trip, but mostly we were disappointed because we were ready to race. So this is where the photos come into to play and we made the best of our weekend. We all went to Shoshone Falls and enjoyed the nice day.


What a beautiful site!

Addilyn being Miss Independant...walking by herself away from the falls' overlook area.

Another angle of the Falls. The rainbow stretched all the way across the falls. It was awesome!

George and Addi

Addi liked looking over the edge.

Our cute little princess.

A spring family pic.

So, as was mentioned in a talk given in General conference last year, "Come what may and love it." Life is going to throw us curve balls of adversity, but with the help of our Heavenly Father we can overcome them and love the process of our growth . Hopefully our next anniversary will be better than the last.

3 comments:

Lanae said...

Check the pawn shops or craig's list for your stuff and maybe you can buy it back. That's not even funny, but might be where they end up in all seriousness. I am impressed of how you came out on top of the situation and made it positive. You will never forget this anniversary. Happy 5th!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Grrr. I feel violated and it wasn't even our closet. So we found a place! We are turning in our application tomorrow. I have all the pros and cons ready for you for that one complex that I told you about.

Craig and Cynthia said...

Very Cool.
Craig